na foine ting


Thursday, May 13, 2004
 
today I'm a bag lady I've

got all this old crap here
an old radio that barely works
a dirty coat you wouldn't be caught dead in
a strap and a buckle to hold down something I don't have anymore
a half bottle of water
a list of things I should have done a long time ago
an empty candy tin I'm keeping to keep something in

like the bag full of bags

two stamps with last year's postage
something I saved to eat but it's no good now

everything smells bad
looks terrible

I'm always saying things too loud that no one wanted to hear like

"fuck"
or
"prick"

or "that's the stupidest thing I ever heard of"

and sometimes everything I own falls on the street and strangers
--far better dressed--
help me pick it up all up

except for the bag full of bags
which tumbles off down the street,

blown away.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger