na foine ting


Wednesday, June 30, 2004
 
So the security guard often brings our Wall Street Journal in for us, but recently has held it hostage until I answer a trivia question.

Today he thought he'd get me with this one:

"In the original Star Wars movie," he said, as though he were sure I'd never know, "what is the name of the character played by Peter Cushing?"

I barely looked away from my computer.

"Believe that was Grand Moff Tarkin," I said, and now the Journal's next to me on my desk, safe and sound.

Found this gem:

Tarkin's Diary

***

Good Lynx game last night, with punches thrown and people being thrown off the ice (and onto the ice, and...) and some fine hockey in there.

I'm not sure why Brian was getting flung down by his own teammates, but no doubt they had a good reason.

Personally, I'm slightly disapointed that more clothing doesn't come off during these scuffles. I mean, Parker goes to the bench half naked most of the time.

Clearly Lynx needs some pointers in fighting style and jersey shedding.

I volunteer to help instruct.

You know, out of the goodness of my heart and all.


And Brian? The reason they target you is because you're huge and fast and scary and they think you might score.


***

My Viking Name is Kaðlín Oxthews.

Apparently:



A little more surly, it says.

Heh. Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.

What's your Viking Name??


***
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger