na foine ting


Wednesday, May 04, 2005
 
Dear CIA:

Hi!

I know how it looks.

In the last month or so, I've practically lived at the CIA website, and have also extensively surfed every article I can find on the IRA, on IRA bombings, IRA terrorism, and the connections between the IRA and the PLO.

I have looked up ballistics sites and learned a great deal about several kinds of firearms, most notably the M-1911 and its various parts.

I've looked up bomb components, and then researched the use of certain types of explosives and detonators, particularly as they apply to modern terrorism.

I've also looked up the history of the IRA, information on current branches of the IRA, and the current anti-IRA extremist groups.

I've looked up the online database of people killed in Ireland since the troubles began.

And how to say "fuck off" as well as Republican sayings in Irish Gaelic.

I've written and uploaded two letters from a terrorist organization claiming responsibility for two terrorist acts in the city of New York.

I'm kind of surprised that, when I look out my window, I don't see a dark green sedan parked out there right now.

Anyway, I just wanted to reassure you all that this is really, truly, research. For fiction, and not of the "I'm planning to do this in real life" kind of way.

Just to save you some trouble and headaches.

You know, 'cause I'm that kind of girl.


- K
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger